The Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose is designed for senior managers and executives with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience and several years of leadership experience. The program is a response to an increasingly complex and uncertain business environment: New technologies disrupt long established business models and radically change entire industries. The climate change both limits and offers business opportunities. And trade wars create market turbulences and threaten the existence of companies. To deal with these challenges, companies urgently require forward-thinking and purpose-driven leaders who can strategically navigate this new market reality in a bid to secure long-term organizational success. The Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose equips participants with the skills, confidence, and knowledge to excel in their role as business leaders and supports them to become leaders who do not only care for profit, but also for purpose.
• The Executive MBA is specifically dedicated to support your development into a business leader and a societal thought leader.
• The program provides a holistic, general management perspective.
• The Executive MBA supports participants in reflecting on their purpose and on the purpose of their company.
EXECUTIVE MBA PROGRAM DEDICATED TO PREPARING FUTURE BUSINESS LEADERS AND SOCIETAL THOUGHT LEADERS
The Executive MBA: Leading with Purpose will support you to:
• Reflect on your leadership purpose and the purpose of your company.
• Develop a holistic, cross-functional perspective on your company and its operations.
• Reconcile dilemmas to create shared value for your company and its stakeholders.
• Anticipate the threat of disruption of your company’s business model and seize new business opportunities.
• Combine your experience with data-based knowledge to make decisive strategic decisions that give your company a competitive edge.
• Lead the transformation of your company and its ecosystem.
• Establish your role as a societal thought leader who leads the path.
The program follows an evidence-based teaching approach. This approach facilitates the sharing of participants’ professional experiences and the reflection of these experiences behind the background of the latest scientific knowledge. Classes will be highly interactive, will support critical discussions and in-depth reflections, and will foster the transfer of knowledge from the classroom into the boardroom. To facilitate learning, a variety of proven methods, such as business simulations, case studies, and so-called business “war” games, will be used in the courses. Also, the program is complemented by immersion modules, which provide participants new perspectives on doing business and which take place in business ecosystems outside Europe.
The program also supports participants in further developing their skills. Participants will learn impactful writing skills that enable them to effectively communicate with different stakeholders. They will also acquire basic data science skills and will learn to use rhetorical skills to create a powerful change narrative.
Professors from the VU’s School of Business and Economics will lead the courses. They will be supported by internationally renowned academic subject-matter experts, journalists from renowned business newspapers, executive coaches, and former and current senior executives, who will share their expertise and experiences with the participants and who will support participants in further improving their skill set.
In his research, Jost focuses on human errors (e.g., error reporting, learning from errors), and individual and team performance (e.g., coordination in teams, team diversity, leader effectiveness). He worked in research projects on the internationalization of professional services firms and human errors in professional services firms.