This Master’s programme takes its own unique approach, incorporating aspects of other disciplines such as organizational science and behavioural studies, in addition to economic and mathematical modelling, scenario analysis and stress testing. The programme’s practical approach features case studies and risk management games that bring the theory to life. As a result, you will be able to apply the knowledge you acquire directly to your own organization.
- The history of risk and risk management. Learning from systematic, recurring errors during economic cycles to prevent the same mistakes in future.
- Dimensions of uncertainty and how they translate into potential risk sources (e.g. market and credit risk, operational risk, counterparty risk, compliance risk).
- Qualitative and quantitative risk measurement and risk management methods, from stress testing and VaR, to Enterprise Risk Management.
- The operations of financial institutions (i.e. banks, insurers, pension funds, asset managers and their products) and the financial markets on which they operate.
- Frameworks and conduct guidelines used to regulate financial markets and manage risk (e.g. Basel, Solvency).
- Cognitive psychology: human choices in uncertain situations and relevant aspects of risk management.
- Games, cases and essay writing to develop research skills, formulate strategies for dealing with internal resistance and adopt better risk management methods.
Would you prefer to follow the course in separate parts? This is also an option. In that case, you would pay 6,000 euros per semester. For more information, please contact Michelle Habets, firstname.lastname@example.org.